With a preapproval in hand, and Nicole protecting your best interests, you’re ready to put your shopping shoes on and begin viewing properties that could be a potential fit. Consider what factors are important in order to simplify your search, stay organized in your shopping, and prioritize your ‘needs’ …
Your Future Home Wishlist…
- School Districts – where will your children attend school?
- Upgrades Required – Is it worth renovating over time to increase market value? What costs might be associated with this, and how will it impact your lifestyle?
- Low Maintenance – Should you consider a condominium development where ongoing maintenance is covered through condo fees?
- Growing Family? How many bedrooms/bathrooms do you need require now… and in the future?
- Multi-family Properties – Can you acquire residual rental income to offset your mortgage payment?
- Amenities – What conveniences, if any, do you require to be accessible? Is walkability a factor?
- Access – Where do you commute, and how quickly do you want to get there from your home?
- Age – Do you prefer newer neighbourhoods, or something more developed and mature?
- Features – Fireplace? Walk-out? Open-concept? Ensuite? What components are important to you in a property?
- Mobility – Are there physical requirements to consider? Either now, or down the road?
- Pets – Do you furry friends need room to roam?
A clear vision of your wish list will help you to decipher a property that may be a good fit over others that will not meet your needs and wants. Be open-minded while you shop as preferences may shift as you get a handle on what is available, prices, and even neighbourhoods. Nicole will help you decipher what type of home will suit your needs best. From practical features to long term investment potential, Nicole will offer objective feedback – highlighting advantages and also setbacks related to properties that catch your eye.